Dubai is a destination of opportunities for business people. The investor-friendly area would give you sufficient space to set up, grow, and nurture. A home-based business in Dubai opens up such opportunities. The authorities have announced a simplified procedure for a home business license in Dubai so that a maximum number of entrepreneurs can be on board. If you are interested to start a home-based business and looking to get a business license then you need to contact the Start Any Business UAE consultants who will help you throughout the entire process of getting a license.
Working from home is no longer news. While the restrictions applied by the pandemic caused the arrangement to become widespread, the UAE residents now devised creative methods to sell their skills on their own terms. In addition, the bid of the government to support SMEs has spurred the issuance of home business licenses. Here we mentioned some vital things about home-based business and a home business license.
What is Home Business License in Dubai
Launched in 2017 by the DED, the home business license in Dubai is set to target at-home business people doing business from home through social media. The home business license would make it easy for a person or sole proprietor of businesses to sell their products and services through social media platforms.
This will also increase the confidence of the clients when they are shopping online. The business license was announced by the Department of Economic Development in view of efforts to crack down on fake and artificial products being sold on online platforms. The purpose of the license is to regulate the sale of services and products operated by social media in Dubai.
If you are a person who sells or promotes its services and products by your social media accounts, then you would require to get a home business license in Dubai. For example, this home business license will apply to stay at home ladies who promote and sell handmade products or services on social media in Dubai
Home business people who do not have a physical space are qualified to apply for the home business license in Dubai because it doesn’t need you to register with the EJARI office in Dubai. This is ideal for sole proprietor home-based businesses that do not need a freelancer and local partner. The UAE and GCC citizens and expatriates of some other nationalities can apply for a home business license in Dubai, with the term that the person is located in Dubai and is over 21 years of age.
Procedure To Get Home Business License in Dubai
The procedure to get a home business license in Dubai is fast and simple. You are just required to follow some steps that are –
- You need to apply for the home business license on the trader website of the Department of Economic Development.
- You will have to make a DED trader account, and register your business, and then pay the charges
- Give the details about your social media accounts while registering for the business license in Dubai.
- After the registration, you will have to wait for the confirmation process. Usually, you will receive the confirmation of the business license within 5 to 10 minutes.
- What You Can do with Home Business License in Dubai
- With this license, you may sell or promote services and products in a legal manner through your social media accounts.
- You can also showcase their services and products on the social media marketplace. With this business license in Dubai, you can participate legally and reach clients at conferences and exhibitions.
- This would also secure your trade name and any other intellectual property. The Dubai Department of Economic Development also conducts workshops and training for the owners of the home business license that you can participate in.
- The home business license is strictly for a sole proprietor home business. A person with a home business license can’t open a physical shop or issue a visa in Dubai.
Benefits of Getting a Home Business License in Dubai
- Flexibility : If you are the boss of your work, then you are not obligated to work under a certain framework. You are able to find your own routine and the best time-management strategy to increase productivity.
- Comfort : You don’t require to be a part of the 9 to 5 piece. Ringing alarms, choosing different clothes every day, getting stuck in a traffic jam.
- Freedom : You know that it can be hard to accept and adjust different perspectives and opinions on actions. A home-based business in Dubai permits you to pursue your project the method you want.
- 100% Ownership : With a home business license in Dubai, you will be able to enjoy proper control over the functions and finances of your company without any worries.
Also read, Low Investment Business Ideas in Dubai