The global restaurant industry is booming. Despite the economic ups and downs around the globe, nothing quenches our hunger to eat out. For those who want to open a restaurant in Dubai, obtaining a license is necessary.
So, if you want to know how to get a restaurant license in Dubai then simply you need to contact Start Any Business UAE consultants who will suggest you the right path throughout the procedure. Here we mention the little process of getting a restaurant license that will help you to understand the vital things regarding a license.
Make A Call
Chat with us
The restaurant and food sector has seen significant development in Dubai. Market research by Euromonitor International states that there would be 19,000 outlets apart from restaurants in Dubai alone by 2019. Prior to deciding to start a restaurant in Dubai, you have to comply with a code of conduct and gain some knowledge.
To start a restaurant business in Dubai you would need two different licenses in Dubai. The one is a business license. Applications can be made through the Department of Economic Development of Dubai or the free zone. And second, you will need to have your restaurant plans sanctioned by the Food Control Department.
Getting into the food industry is a quite difficult task, particularly given its wealth of competition. The very easy method to get begun is by establishing a small café or restaurant in Dubai. The big benefit we have is that Dubai has been always supportive of international players in the market, giving them proper support to be successful.
The Steps to Get a Restaurant License in Dubai
To capitalize on this growing sector, business people can look for the professional assistance of business setup consultants to walk them through the procedure of starting a restaurant business and getting a restaurant license in Dubai, which involves many steps.
- The first phase is you need to decide whether you look to open a restaurant business in Dubai free zone or the mainland. You would have to get approval from the concerned authority. For the mainland, you need to get a license from the Department of Economic Development.
- No matter where you establish your business, you would make and present a business plan for your restaurant business. The scheme would take into account your vision for the business, its financial feasibility, management of the brand, and contingency schemes. You will also do your business costs to estimate the required capital for the initial investment and ongoing requirements of a restaurant.
- Along with a trade license, you would need more permits to conduct business. Therefore, with a business license from the Department of Economic Development in Dubai, a free zone official, or the Department of Tourism or Commerce, you need to obtain a food license from the Department of Food Safety.
- You have to follow the food code. This is a comprehensive document that indicates the needs that food set-up must comply with. This is an effort by the Dubai government to make sure that the top-class food security system for the millions of people visiting Dubai.
Cost of Restaurant License in Dubai
Restaurant licenses in Dubai can be acquired from Dubai Economy. This can be registered as a sole proprietor entity or as LLC. The restaurant license cost in Dubai is approximately 25000 AED. (Furnishing and shop rent charges separate).
The restaurant and cafés here in Dubai have a place in everyone’s lifestyle and social life. With the increasing number of travelers, the requirement to serve a probable audience is very high.
Document Required for Getting a Restaurant License in Dubai
If you start a restaurant in Dubai then need to obtain several permits a restaurant license in Dubai is one of them. To avail of this license, you need to submit some necessary documents that are:
- Copy of passport and photo of the business owner
- Application with mentioning the activities you have selected
- The name of your trade that you have chosen
- Draft of Memorandum of Association
- An agreement of the local sponsor
- Tenancy agreement or office space contract
- Trade license
- No Objection Certificate issued by the Dubai Local Municipality
- Construction plan
- Sanction letter of the planning department
Hopefully, the things we mentioned above it has clear that getting a restaurant license in Dubai is not overly complicated if you are having the right knowledge. That being said, this does need a good level of pre-knowledge of the procedure. This is vital to note that the process of application is very simple if your application for the license is prepared and free of errors at the duration of application submission.
If still, you have any kind of doubts about the restaurant license in Dubai, then you need to get in touch with the Start Any Business UAE consultants who will surely help you and provide you with complete guidance during the entire procedure.
Also read: Low Investment Business Ideas in Dubai